Unlawfully evicted?

Because the landlord has evicted you without first getting a court order, you need to bring what is called a “spoliation” application to be allowed back onto the leased premises.

As you clearly don’t have funds for a lawyer, you can approach your local Magistrates’ court. I know that the Randburg Magistrate’s court offers the public free help.

If your court can’t help, see if you qualify for Legal Aid. See <http://www.legal-aid.co.za/?p=6>.

If not go to www.probono.org or the law clinic at your local university.

[fc id=’2′][/fc]

Click to view our Website Disclaimer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *